NRA Defensive Pistol
The NRA Defensive Pistol course is an opportunity for continuing education in marksmanship and self-defense training. This course focuses on technique and the development of a defensive mindset and is designed for those who want to take steps beyond the basics. The goal of the course is to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude to carry and use a concealed pistol ethically, responsibly, and with confidence.
This course will cover topics such as:
- How the NRA Rules for Safe Gun Handling are applied to concealed carry.
- Basic principles of concealment
- Presenting a pistol / reholstering
- Mental awareness
- Mental preparation to develop a defensive mindset for carrying and using a pistol for personal protection
- Techniques for avoiding life-threatening confrontations
- Explain the psychological and physiological changes that may occur during an attack
- Flash sight picture
- Reloading under stress
- Clear common stoppages and more.
This is not a standalone course. Students are required to have successfully completed SAFTD Fundamentals and Safety Training (F.A.S.T. Handgun) or the NRA Basic Pistol course as a prerequisite. Please contact us if you have questions.
Hours & Pricing
10 hours (approximate) | $220